THE ARCHIVES

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Monster Times #30 - Ron Haydock & Ray Dennis Steckler, Billy Gholston's Zombie Stomp/Monsters 'A Go-Go


One of my heroes writing about one of my other heroes? It happened in this issue of The Monster Times, in the only sympathetic(no conflict of interest here, buddy!)article in an otherwise all-bashing-of-low-budget-wonders all-out attack. It was hip to do so at the time, and even a mag as liberal-minded as TMT indulged itself...




This is as good a time as any to spring this little surprise on you, a rare copy of a 45 released to publicize The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies. I don't know what the A-side has to do with TISCWSLABMUZ but the B-side will strike a chord with those persons familiar with Ray's most famous film...

An effusive outpouring of gratitude will suffice...
See you in October.
(P.S. There was a problem with page two of the article not expanding, I fixed it. Thanx, Kars!)

8 comments:

Chad Thorson said...

Unfortuantely Ron Haydock and Ray Dennis Steckler are no longer with us. That must've been a great time to be a teenager!

Vertigo Mindwarp said...

Hey I just discovered your blog and I love it!
Great stuff you have here!

I wanted to invite you to drop by and tune-in to Musique Macabre - Horror & Halloween Radio...

www.musiquemacabre.com

---VM---

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Absolutely %*#$in' AWEsome blog.
It's that time of year again boys and Girls!

American Toycoon said...

Hey there Professor,
Thanks for posting all yer groovy, creepy stuff. I really enjoy it week after week. Keep up the good work.
Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

I'm amused by the fact that Ron doesn't let on that R.D. Steckler and Cash Flagg are in fact the same person! But he does reveal that he was the co-screenwriter on THE CHOOPER and THE LEMON GROVE KIDS, even though Ron also used a lot of different names on his stuff (Vin Saxon, Don Shepperd, etc.)

It's also interesting to see a reference to BLOODY JACK, which was never finished. Ray claimed at one point that he was going to wait a few years to shoot the scenes set in the future so that the actors would age realistically.

Howie Pyro said...

there are actually 3 45s related to incredibly strange creatures...

Prof. Grewbeard said...

and what might those be, my friend?...

signed,
wondering

Howie Pyro said...

hahaha...oh man! Are you still around? I never saw that you responded to my post (3 years ago!) I just came across this doing research on Haydock for something! Let me know & I'll dig that stuff out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails